This has not been the best week for us. On Thursday Isabella and I both got the stomach flu. First she spent the morning throwing up and then I spent the evening throwing up. So Friday Blake, me and Isabella stayed home and took it easy and Blake went to work that night. On Saturday Blake had to work at my dads and he started feeling like he had the stomach flu around when he had to close up. He left around 5:10 and I was expecting him home around 5:40. At 5:30 he called and I handed the phone to Isabella to answer and I can hear him saying "Karissa I was in a car accident. I will call you back." I grabbed the phone but he was gone.
I waited a minute and then called him back and he said that when he was driving on the freeway he started to feel like he was going to pass out. He was almost to the exit and was starting to slow down and pull off when he did pass out and went down an embankment. He luckily just went straight down and didn't flip. He was driving my Honda Civic and when he woke up his face was pressed against the airbag. He got out and there was calling me when some guy on top of the embankment was yelling down to him asking if he was ok and that he had called 911. I called him and was talking to him while he was trying to find his way back up to the freeway.
I was at home with Isabella and we had no way of leaving because Blake's car was here but the keys were lost. I was freaking out and called my parents because I knew that they were at dinner in Fallbrook. Finally I got a hold of them and they left and went to go get Blake. The CHP called a tow truck but didn't come because Blake was fine and there were a lot of accidents that day because it was raining. My parents stayed until the tow truck came and my sister brought Blake home.
He didn't want to go to the hospital and be checked out but I really wanted him to so we left. We went to Fallbrook hospital and the doctor said that he looked ok from the accident. Just bruised and sore but that he was concerned about Blake passing out. This has happened before but never in the car so Blake had been avoiding getting checked out. They ran a bunch of tests on him but everything looked normal. He wants Blake to go to our doctor and have some other tests run so thats what we are doing today. It was very scary and we are very lucky that Blake didn't get seriously hurt or hurt someone else. I will let everyone know when we find out something more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment