Saturday, January 24, 2009

This crazy month

January has not been my month. We have been hit hard by one thing after another. First our cat got sick and we had to take her to the vet. She has asthma and is better now but it was a lot of stress and a big vet bill. Now I have to go to the dentist on Monday and get a root canal and a crown done. I know, I know it is my fault because I avoid the dentist like I avoid all medical professionals but still it sucks. We have good insurance that covers us 100% except for crowns so here comes another pretty big bill. Though I am very happy we have insurance. Now on top of that I have a two year old who has decided to test me. Her favorite way seems to be by taking off all her clothes when shes in her crib. It doesn't matter what I put her in onesies, zip up jammies, layers she finds a way to be naked. I have even sewn right below her zipper in order to keep her in and she still can get out of that sometimes. Its not the nakedness that bothers me as much as the peeing and pooping while naked that bothers me. Nothing brightens your morning like cleaning up poop.

I'm trying to look forward to the fact that we will be moving soon which will lower our expenses and help us get our money in order. I am excited to be able to make progress towards one day having a house of our own. I am also trying so hard to remember to be grateful. Grateful that we have a wonderful (though challenging) little girl. Grateful that we have jobs in this struggling economy. Grateful that we are healthy when so many are not. Gratful that we have people in our lives that will help us when we need it. I know that there are so many people out there that when times get tough they have no one to turn to. Blake and I have so many people that care about us and will help us get through anything that happens to us. So thank you to all that have helped us.


To lighten things up here are a couple recent pictures:
Holding hands with Kilee on the way to get ice cream.
Her amazing fashion sense. Some day look for her on Project Runway.

3 comments:

  1. Holding hands like they are best friends for life! So Cute...kilee looks a little shady though =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that Bella has her mother's fashion (that she had as a child)...lol!

    ReplyDelete